So I am sick again kind of. First, my throat was sore. Then I had a runny nose. And now I'm just coughing. Hopefully, it'll be GONE soon! It got cold again, and I wish it would just get warmer here!
Since my post was being stupid with HTML stuff, I ended up deleting what I wrote about last Saturday. Anyway, I went on a Shamanism hike. It was interesting. People deny that people still practice it and stuff. Afterwards, our resident director bought us lunch. After that my friends walked around the area and we bought socks for 500 won="~$.50. Yay for cheap socks! Then, I meant to spend the night at the church cuz the main Kangnam church was having a special Easter service at 6AM, but my friend called from Kwangju saying she's going to be in Seoul at 11:30 PM and wanted to see me. So I left church to go see her since she doesn't get to come to Seoul often. We met with our two other friends and had some drinks at a bar(?), but I didn't drink a lot since I had to go to church early.
[from this point on is the saved portion of my post lol-i wrote more about the above earlier but freakin ey HTML wtf!]
She was hungry so we left to go eat at a restaurant. Some restaurants here are opened 24 hrs or something. We were there from like 1 AM-3 AM hahaha. I tried some 순대볶음 & 오징어 순대 (soondaebokkeum [left]and ohjeenguh soondae[right]). It was really good. It was my first time eating something like that. I also had some cow's intestine. That was interesting. Anyway, after we were eating the guys wouldn't leave us girls until we figured out where we were going to stay until we had to leave for the special Easter service. We, honestly, were just going to stay up the whole night. We talked about this for a long time, and decided we had to go either to a PC room, Karaoke, video room, comic book room, sauna, or public bath. -_- We walked around in the cold rain for awhile, and decided to go to the pc room. It was my first time going to a PC room also. It was really nice. We felt bad for making the guys stay up at that time with us, but it was fun. My unni and I head out to the subway station at around 5:15 AM to get to the morning service. We got there a little bit late, but it didn't matter, because we both fell asleep during service. It was a good thing we were sitting in the back cuz nobody saw us sleeping lol. Then I met my pastor after service, and decided to go back to the Mapo church with him. Pastor and pastor's wife were hungry so we got breakfast at some restaurant. They got some fish soup thing that I've never had before. I don't really like fish, but it was alright. I have no idea what it was called though, and I was really exhausted. I fell asleep during the regular service also haha. During the rest of the day, I napped at church. And then we were back at the Kangnam church for the homecoming performance. The short term missionary from Africa's testimony was really touching, and I almost cried. I finally got to see one of my best friends, and I was REALLY happy to see her after 2 years!!!! I hope that I can see her more often later on, but we're both so busy =(.
And then I went to school and same old same old. I teach English now for free. It's for church haha. It's fun though listening to people's stories. Teaching English is not that bad, but my English is getting bad here so I need to go get some English books (not my textbooks---those make me fall asleep) so I won't forget English expressions haha. I think I might want to come back to Korea to teach English. Hmm....
Anyway, not much happened during the week. I got closer to one of my students last night, and I really enjoyed talking to her. I'm glad I get to see her every week. Today, I was supposed to go to 대전 Daejeon to go see my grandma(mom's side). My cousin (mom's side) was supposed to go down there also, and he was going to go with me, but he lost his phone last night -_-. So we're going next weekend. I called my other cousin (from my dad's side), and told him that my plans didn't work out. So he took me out to eat tonight. I ate A LOT! This is probably the first time that I've felt FULL. He bought me a lot of meat!!! And he was really surprised that I could eat a lot. Korean girls don't eat a lot, because they're scared of gaining weight. Well, I'm taking 3 PE classes, so it's all good. Then we got some coffee at Starbucks and cheesecake!! Yum yum. I ate mucho~~ I'm very satisfied. My Korean still sucks though. It is still hard to communicate with my cousins (those that don't know English very well), but it was good practice. I need to find people that don't know English. LOL I have to force myself to use Korean. -_- Anyway, that's pretty much it. I hope my cold goes away soon!!!
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment